1.21.2013

a traipse


The other day, on an impulse of the moment, I decided to take a traipse.  I think that when I'm surrounded with the beauty of creation, the clear, open expanse above, rustling of the trees, falling leaves, chickens making their noise, distant barking dogs, wind chimes in the distant... my heart comes alive a little more.  

The neighbor horse, nicknamed Sunshine, slowly made her way to the fence to watch me pass by.  And yes, I very gladly walked up to her and gave her a pet on the nose.  I was a bit leery... I'm no Roy Rogers with horses, mind you. 


But really, there's nothing quite like a long, leisurely, country traipse. 

6 comments

  1. Beautiful photos! It looks so relaxing there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree! I love taking walks in the country. Love your photos too, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah. Your description of your surroundings was beautiful! I am from the city and I don't drive, so I never get to experience things like this. Only once when my friends and I went hiking, did I really get to experience how incredible nature can be. I would love to go on little impromptu trips like this one! Also, the photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i realized i haven't visited your nook in a couple of weeks.....and so i thought i would just stop by and say a quick "hello" and i hope January finds you well! adieu! ~kylie pea ess: your pictures are beautiful....as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love your neighbors horse! We used to have horses, they were a lot of fun to have around. :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Kailey Annice. Design by FCD.